The monastery was built in 1950 but the adjoining three-storey Ten Thousand Buddhas Pagoda, which took six years to build, was completed and enshrined in May 1980. The magnificent Main Worship Hall has a building height of about 21 metres and features three 4.8 metre tall gold-plated statues of Buddha Sakyamuni. Its interior walls are adorned with thousands of Buddha images and paintings featuring Thai and Chinese culture. The Pagoda comprises a vihara and the Court of the Jade Buddha. A 20-metre column carved with giant gold-plated dragons on both sides guards the main entrance of the pagoda.