1. Made of sand stones, also known as Sonar Quila
2. Two hundred fifty feet tall
3. Jaisalmer fort is the second oldest in Rajasthan.
4. Reinforced by imposing crenellated sandstone wall 30 feet high; it has 99 bastions, 92 of which were built between 1633 and 1647.
5. Wells within the fort still provide a regular source of water.
6. A World Heritage Site.
7. 3000 people residing inside the fort within its walls.
10. Its massive yellow sandstone walls are a tawny lion colour during the day, fading to honey-gold as t the sun sets, thereby camouflaging the fort in the yellow desert. For this reason, it is also known as the Sonar Quila or Golden Fort.